Report ID 544945115: Problem with zotfile protocol "zotero://open-pdf/..."

Hi,

I know this is not a Zotero problem but I was hoping that someone can help me out. Zotfile defines the protocol `chrome://open-pdf/[item_id]/[page]` to open pdf attachment on certain pages. It works fine when I click on the link in Zotero but it does not work when I click on it from another application. For example, when I copy the link to my email program, I get the error below (Report ID 544945115). Not sure but I think the "No chrome package registered" is not always part of the message. The `zotero://select` protocol works from external application. How can I make the `zotero://open-pdf` protocol work from external applications? Here is the file that defines the protocol: https://github.com/jlegewie/zotfile/blob/master/chrome/content/zotfile/openPDF-protocol-handler.js.

Thanks!

Example links
zotero://select/items/0_Z3NUJRZU
zotero://open-pdf/0_Z3NUJRZU/6

Error message
No chrome package registered for chrome://open-pdf/0_Z3NUJRZU/6
[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: 2147500037"]
[JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Failure'Failure' when calling method: [nsIProtocolHandler::newChannel]" {file: "file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/components/zotero-service.js" line: 397}]
  • I just want to bump this to see if anyone's come up with a solution. Being able to transfer the 'open-pdf' hyperlinks outside of Zotero notes would be incredibly useful.