Local Personal Library not syncing with zotero.org "my library"

I have my zotero set up and my files synced using webdav. I use it all the time and everything works great on my local computer. I have even successfully set up other machines to sync with the webdav server.

What I am not able to do is go to zotero.org and view my library online. My shared/group libraries show up in zotero.org, but not my personal library. My personal library is completely empty. I seem to remember having access to "My Library" in the past even though I am using my own server for file storage.

thanks for any help
  • I have looked at this and it doesn't appear to be the case. I only have one account, and the fact that my group libraries show up in zotero.org as well as on my local machine and when I look at the group libraries on zotero.org I can see the members of the group and my single account is there.
  • edited May 22, 2015
    Ah, sorry. It actually looks like you're just getting a repeated upload error, which should be indicated by an error icon to the left of the sync icon, as noted on that page. You have no items online in the library you're logged into. You'll have to see what the error says and resolve it.
  • (But note that this means that nothing is being uploaded from that computer, including group items, because syncs are currently all-or-nothing (though this will change in Zotero 5.0). So it's not a question of your personal library not syncing.)
  • Thanks a bunch, I was able to resolve the issues and now seem to have access to my library online.

Thanks also for helping me understand why it was happening. It didn't make sense to me that a problem with a note containing too much information would keep the entire library from syncing, but it sounds like there is work to resolve that issue.

Thanks