Accessing Files on Zotero Groups

I am trying to create a group where I can share files, but after I created the group and synced it with my personal library, I can not access the files through the group. I can access the files online in the personal library, and I can see them in the group but there is not an option to view the pdfs. I did reach my storage capacity and am wondering if this is the problem.

thanks
  • Note that files cannot be uploaded to public group libraries with open membership. Only private group libraries and public group libraries with closed membership can host files. https://www.zotero.org/support/groups

If you're not using a public library with open membership, could you elaborate on what you mean by "I can see [files?] in the group but there is not an option to view the pdfs"?
  • When I click a file to view the pdfs I have uploaded there is usually an option under "tags" that says "view" and you can click that to view the pdf. I can access this from my own library but not in the group.
  • Did you make sure the group library is not a public library? Is there a file attached to the item in your Zotero client (on your computer, not on zotero.org)?
  • The group library is a private library. The files are attached on my computer in my Zotero client.
  • When I click a file to view the pdfs I have uploaded there is usually an option under "tags" that says "view" and you can click that to view the pdf.
    Sorry, I didn't read this right the first time. Thought you were talking about a different location. In that case, it seems like sync is working properly and your library is configured correctly, but since you have exceeded your storage quota, no new files are being uploaded.

You have a number of options:
    1. Buy more storage
    2. Delete some file attachments you don't need
    3. Use a WebDAV service provider to sync files in your personal library and zotero.org storage for files in the group library (WebDAV is not an option for group libraries)
  • thank you!
  • @aurimas: Is WebDEV support for group libraries planed in a future?