zotero import in endnote - disappearing information

Hello,
I have tried to find answers to my problem in the discussions but haven't been able to do so.
I just imported the zotero library I have in RIS format to endnote x7. What I find now is that
- for some entries the author field is blank
- the tags are all gone

What to do? And how do I also make sure the entries I imported now are deleted when I re-import in a better way?

Thank you so much.
Anna
  • that would really seem like more of an Endnote question. Zotero's RIS export is quite standard, though you can certainly try Endnote XML as an alternate format.

If you post the RIS export for a couple of entries that don't import correctly into Endnote somewhere (one or two are fine here, otherwise dropbox, gist.github.com or so), we can certainly take a look, though I'd be surprised if there was anything wrong.
  • We can't really help you with EndNote import errors or EndNote usage (EndNote support would be the proper resource for that), but we can check whether Zotero is exporting RIS correctly. Open the RIS file in a text editor and look for one of the items that is missing keywords or authors. Copy the RIS entry starting with TY and ending with ER, then post it here with the details of what is missing upon import into EndNote and what you have entered in Zotero.