Individual Citations, Single Citation and Bibliography

Hello

We’re two students who are new to Zotero. We’re using OSCOLA as our citation style, but this style is different depending on whether you’re doing a footnote citation or a bibliography citation.

I have two questions:

(1) When I drag an entry in Zotero into a Word footnote, the bibliography version is shown, not the footnote version. In Style Editor, I can see that there are three versions known as "Individual Citations", "Single Citation" and "Bibliography". How do I choose between these versions when I drag the citation from Zotero into Word?

(2) I notice that there are errors in OSCOLA plugs in as a whole, for example editions are rendered as (6 edition), whereas it should be (6 edn). How do I change this in the Style Editor?

Thanks in advance!
  • For bibliography style, try shift-drag.
  • Thanks - it worked! (But it’s the individual citation that got copied, not bibliography style.)
  • right, that was a typo by fbennett, so to clarify:
    Simple drag --> Bibliography
    Shift drag --> Citation

As for edition -- if you have just a number (like "6") in the edition field in Zotero, this will come out correctly. If you get "6 edition" that's likely what's in the edition field in Zotero. If there's more than a simple number, Zotero prints the entire content of the field.
  • Thank you to the both of you!