Uploading files to Zotero from my computer

Hello,

I am currently trying to upload files from my computer to Zotero, but it keep sending me an error message saying that there is not enough space. I currently have 2GB of space, therefore, I do not understand why my files are not uploading. I'm I doing it the wrong way or is Zotero the issue? Does anybody know who I could contact for this issue?

Thanks,

Kim
  • what's the exact error message you're getting? Please provide in the original language if other than English.
    If you look at https://www.zotero.org/settings/storage, what does it say exactly (how much storage do you have, how much of that is used?)
  • Hello Adam,

Thank you very much for your response. This is the message that I get:

Error getting upload authorization
    Requested upload would exceed storage quota.

I saved all the files in Adobe format and none of them exceed 20 pages. In fact, majority of them are one pagers.

WE have 2gb of space and have used o.6%
  • so is this for a group (since you say "we")? Are you the group owner?
    Are you sure you have file sync allowed for the group?

Is the username you have under Sync in the Zotero preferences definitely the same one you have here?

Beyond that, please provide an error report ID and a debug ID for a sync that produces that message (those are two different operations):
    https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#provide_a_report_id
    https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output
  • Thank you for sending me these links, unfortunately, I am not sure how to process as I cannot find this portion for the report ID:

"If you're experiencing a problem, before restarting Firefox/Zotero Standalone, check the Actions menu (gear icon) in the Zotero toolbar for the status of the “Report Errors…” menu option. "

For the debug ID: I am supposed to use my Firefox preferences which fine, I can perform the first action which is

"Open the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences. You can access the Zotero preferences from the gear menu in the Zotero toolbar. (In Zotero for Firefox, you can also access the Zotero preferences via the Firefox preferences."

Does firefox call debug something else? I cannot find it in my list of options.

Are you aware of any customer service number that one could call?
  • there's no phone support. This is where you get support.

When you say "I cannot find this portion" -- meaning you can't find the gears menu? There's a little image of it in that file. That should be clearly visible when you have Zotero open.Click on it and you'll see "Report Errors".

Let's start with this. For debug you're supposed to open the _Zotero_ preferences, not the Firefox preferences. Same from there.

Try to be as expressive as possible in describing where you're having problems. Rather than saying "I cannot find," describe exactly what you're seeing so we can tell what you're looking at and where you're stuck.

Also, please do reply to my other questions.