Update to Z 4..26.64 results in two entries in Win7 Programs List

This refers to Zotero Standalone on Win 7 64 regarding update to version 4.0.26.64.
I noticed that the last time I updated Zotero Standalone on one of my machines, instead of doing a clean installation, the update simply installed the newer version, 40264 alongside the older version, which amounts to an extra 80MB on my tiny SSD drive, which is nearly full, due to the poorly implemented installation process of many software programs. This wouldn't be such a problem if one could control the install path, so I could install the program on the D: Drive, where all programs on my computer, minus the OS, are supposed to be installed.
So my questions are as follows:
1. Can I go ahead and uninstall the older version without losing any stored info, screwing up Sync, or invalidating my login info? Or
2. Or do I need to uninstall both and do a clean re-install of the newest version.
3. If so, how much will that mess up my database/file storage.
4. Does it work this way?: One uninstalls the program, re-install, login and resync, and everything stored online will sync back down to the storage location, and not corrupt database or duplicate stored files.
Thank you.
  • edited April 23, 2015
    I noticed that the last time I updated Zotero Standalone on one of my machines, instead of doing a clean installation, the update simply installed the newer version, 40264 alongside the older version
    What paths did it install to? By default Standalone is just located in "C:\ Program Files (x86)\Zotero Standalone", so it seems unlikely that there are actually two copies. Do you just mean that there are two entries showing in the uninstall list?

Also, the Zotero installer does let you choose the path.

In any case, uninstalling Zotero has no effect on Zotero data unless you explicitly tell it to delete data, so there shouldn't be any harm in uninstalling either. (If those entries are both pointing to the same place, you might have to uninstall both and reinstall, though. Not sure how you would've ended up with two entries. I don't think we've had other reports of this.)