"There was an error starting Zotero"

I refreshed Firefox and pfft Zotero gone... reinstalled it and it didn't add the Zotero to the icon so I did it manually. It doesn't work. Each time same message "There was an error starting Zotero".

I'm going out of my mind as depend on Zotero for my work. Nothing like this has happened before. I have my citations/bib backed up but still pulling my hair out.

Can someone help? Googling throwing up nothing.

'TypeError: History.getState is not a function _zoterowwwAll.bugly.1429126755.js:4478:20
TypeError: History.getState is not a function _zoterowwwAll.bugly.1429126755.js:4478:20
TypeError: History.getState is not a function _zoterowwwAll.bugly.1429126755.js:4478:20
ReferenceError: dw_locktimer is not defined js.php:1:771748
TypeError: $tree.dw_tree is not a function js.php:1:360173
  • Try the solution in this thread:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/48463/error-starting-zotero-even-after-install/#Item_2

If that doesn't work, follow along here:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/48461/there-was-an-error-starting-zotero/#Item_14
  • Thanks v much... sorry, was in a panic so didn't check threads thoroughly. Uninstalling Firefox, deleting Mozilla directories, and then reinstalling Firefox and Zotero seem to have done the trick. Thanks again!
  • no, this isn't the type of thing we'd expect you to find/diagnose by yourself, thanks for posting.
    Also, good to know about additional instances of this. It's not an error we really understand, as you may have gathered from the other thread.
  • Since we're still trying to piece together what's causing this, are you running any security software? Any reason to think you might have had malware on your system previously? When you deleted the Mozilla directories, did you make a backup of your Zotero data directory and copy it back in, or did you sync your data from the server to an empty data directory? Anything else unusual about this system?