wrong tag

Hi, this is now a recurrent error: I add a link to a certain file/tag, and the link is added to the general library, not tagged. the error seems to be the 1014420345. what can I do to change this? thank you for your attention,

kind regards,

lia
  • sorry, could you describe specifically what you're doing and how? I.e. which buttons/menu items you're using and what exactly you're seeing? Both so we can replicate a possible error and to make sure we understand what you're trying to do. Be as explicit as possible.
  • well, as usual, I try to add a certain link to a certain file/tag ( my zotero is in portuguese, so I am trying to translate the terms). When I add the link, it is not added to the tag I have selected, but it appears in the "my library" file/tag, and not under the tag I have selected. was this clear?
  • It may help to not translate the Portuguese terms. We're not really sure what you mean by attaching "link" to a "file/tag". There's no way to attach anything to a tag and the only way to attach "link" to file is if you mean to add a "related" item.
  • well, if that makes more sense, it's probably it... is just the usual goal of zotero, to organize the links, add them or link them to a certain subject. that seems not to be working properly, as it should, it doesn't accept that "linkage"...
  • well, it is working again... but just to let you now that this has been happening very often... and I have tried for several hours, today... didn't do anything special, other than restart zotero, which didn't help. It sudenly started to accept the the linking process, as usual, I just hope it stays like that... ;o)
  • If it happens again, please do describe this in Portuguese. I'm still not sure what happened, so something is getting lost in translation. I read Portuguese and if all else fails we can look up the translation in the Zotero code.