US National Library of Medicine versus National Library of Medecine

Hello,

I can't find the US National (...) citation style. I can see that there are few differences from the non US version: (like: when more than 6 authors, you just write 3 authors and "et al."; they don't provide the month of publication, etc...)
So I'm changing it all manually, but do you know if I can download it somewhere?
(my article has been post poned for many reasons, but they insist on the bibliography, so if there is the slightest mistake on my next submission, It will be rejected....)

Best regards,

Tatiana T
  • This is how it cites:

Single Author
    Posley, K. EBM: Just look it up. Med Evid. 2009;6:35-58.
    More than one author, but less than seven
    Maggio L, Zwiess R, Stave C, Tinsley M. Reading: It does a body good. Adv in Reading. 2009;210:400-415.
    More than six authors:
    Steinberg R, Maggio, L, Posley K, et al. If we build it, will they use it wisely?. Jrnl of Info. 2009;314-316.
  • And the bibliography is listed with numbers and dots (not brackets):

Thanks if you can create the style! (or if there is another one exactly similar;-)
  • National Library of Medicine refers to the US National Library of Medicine, specifically the "Citing Medicine" book published by NLM. But I'm not sure why you think that calls for not using months (it does), only three authors before et al (it allows both), or puts colons after authors (it doesn't).

You seem to need to follow a specific publisher's/journals interpretation of NLM, so start by telling us which and provide a link to the instructions if possible.

You may find http://editor.citationstyles.org/searchByExample/ helpful to find an exactly matching style.
  • Hello,

It's the OTSR (orthopedic and traumatologic surgery revue) (revue de chirurgie orthopédique)

Voilà le copier /coller des instructions aux auteurs:

References
    • All references cited in the text must be included in the reference list. All the references in the reference list must be cited in the text by a number between square brackets. If the reference includes more than 6 authors, the three first are cited followed by “et al.”
    • All the references used should be accessible to the reader, which excludes personal communications, unpublished data, doctoral dissertations, and conference papers that have not been published.
    • The reference list should be presented separately at the end of the article.
    • The reference list should be supplied at the end of the manuscript; the references should be listed and numbered in the order they appear in the text using Arabic numerals.
    • References to Revue de Chirurgie Orthopédique should cite: - before 1 January 2009: the French-language journal (Rev Chir Orthop) with the title in English. - after 1 January 2009: only the English-language journal (Orthop Traumatol Surg Res)
    • Journal titles are abbreviated following the U.S. National Library of Medicine nomenclature. Examples of references:
    • Journal article:
    1. Lecerf G, Fessy MH, Philippot R, et al. Femoral offset: anatomical concept, definition, assessment, implications for preoperative templating and hip arthroplasty. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 2009;95:210-9.
    2. Viste A, Chouteau J, Testa R, Chèze L, Fessy MH, Moyen B. Is transverse acetabular ligament an anatomical landmark to reliably orient the cup in primary total hip arthroplasty? Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 2011;97:241-5.
    • Journal supplement:
    1. Gleyze P, Clavert P, Flurin PH, et al. Management of the stiff shoulder. A prospective multicenter comparative study of the six main techniques in use: 235 cases. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 2011;97(8 Suppl):S167-81.
    • Book:
    1. Neyret P, Demey G. Traité de chirurgie du genou. 1st ed. Paris: Elsevier Masson; 2012.
    • Book chapter:
    1. Glick JM. Complications of hip arthroscopy by the lateral approach. In: Shermann OH, Minkoff J, editors. Current management of orthopaedics: arthroscopic surgery. Baltimore: W. Wilkins; 1990. p. 1-9.
    • Publication of conference papers:
    1. Trojani C. Traumatic acromio- and sternoclavicularcjoint dislocation. In: Huten D, editor. Cahiers d’enseignement de la SoFCOT: conférences d’enseignement. Paris: Elsevier Masson; 2011 [p.21-48].
    • Articles in press are cited as above, followed by: in press, year of publication.
    • In-text citations should appear before commas and periods and located in a sentence immediately after the point they are documenting.

Voilà.
    Certes c'est bien NLM ou USNLM (la même chose) mais ils ont leurs petites particularités, notamment la citation dans le texte est entre crochets...

Bonne journée, et merci,

TT