could not save item:

more and more of the sites im going to are showing a folder icon instead of the traditional paper icon for the zotero capture, and when i attempt to save to zotero with these i usually get the error

Could not save item
An error occurred while saving this item
Check Troubleshooting translator issues
for more information.

and when i do (Check Troubleshooting translator issues
for more information) i get sent to a generic page for problems. i have been through these suggestions as best i can ( i am not brilliant at solving these sort of issues, hence im here asking for help)
can anyone tell me what i need to do to solve this. its starting to happen alot. ie more and more web pages i get to have this icon instead of the paper icon.
  • If you did run through these:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues
    (and I'd re-check that you actually are running the most recent version of Zotero, 4.0.26.1, which would be a very likely cause of your problems) then we'd need all the info requested under 11.
  • I was facing the same issue, until I re-installed the add on. I believe the problem is with Mozilla's last update, because with Safari everything works fine. So if re-installing does not do any good, try Safari or Chrome (I've not tested it on chrome yet so it's up to you)!
  • edited March 11, 2015
    There's no issue with the latest version of Firefox, other than that you have to be running the latest version of Zotero as well. If you're running badly behaved security software, that might not happen automatically.