Zotero database not displayed

Zotero error submit submit number = 1303596899

Zotero does not display my library or sublibraries on the Surface Windows 8 computer I use at my office. It will not sync or download citation lists from my online library. It can display search results. My Zotero at home is working well. Just the one at my office is broken.

On trying to figure this out, we noticed that Round World had gotten into the computer. We completely removed it, then removed Zotero, rebooted and downloaded a fresh copy of Zotero. We still cannot get Zotero to work.

Note; I really love Zotero and need it working asap so that I can complete a job. Please help.
  • Can you take a couple screenshots, post them somewhere (e.g. Dropbox or Imgur), and link to them here. One screenshot for Zotero not displaying your library and one for search results showing.
  • Sorry, today the search results are not showing either. The computer has been rebooted since we spoke. I have captured an image and put it on my google drive. However, it wants an email address to share it and I don't have an email address for you. I don't use Dropbox or Imgur and would rather not try to find out how. May be easier for you to come in to my computer. I can send you a link. All you have to do is click.

However, what you will see is simple. It is the typical 2-pane Zotero library view. All headings are there and correct. Just no entries. When I click on Sync, the wheel goes around but nothing visible downloads.

I am happy to send you my phone number and/or email address if that will hekp with communication.
  • If in google drive you click on share and then "Advanced" you can allow everyone with a link to view - post that link here.
    imgur.com allows you to just upload and image, click on a button and get a shareable link if you find that easier. You don't even need an account.

In either case, we really would want a screenshot (e.g. I'm not sure what a typical 2-pane Zotero library view is, considering the typical Zotero setup has three panes).
  • http://imgur.com/1fVpuY3,fbW6sMZ#0

http://imgur.com/1fVpuY3,fbW6sMZ#1

Here are the images. Not much to show. I included the directory with the sqlite file. sqlite gets an entry every time I sync with the online zotero. However, nothing shows up in Zotero view.
  • right, so this just looks like your left hand panel is collapsed and you may have an empty collection selected there, which would be why no items are showing.
    All the way on the left about half way up: do you see those two small arrows with dots between them? Click on those and you'll see your collection tree and I'd guess you'll also be able to see your items once you select "My Library" (or one of your fuller collections) there.