Could not save item

Report ID: 1192308362
http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/TQM-12-2010-0041

I am unableto save items from Emerald
  • Works for me.
    @Dan - could you check for version nos and potentially interfering add-ons in the error report?
  • I don't know what the problem is because it has been working find all this time. and I have not change Firefox browser version. Don't know how to fix this.?
  • [JavaScript Error: "No title specified for item" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translation/translate.js" line: 590}]
    jmasombuka: Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a save attempt that fails?
  • The Debug ID is D356879647.
  • No, see the instructions again. That output doesn't cover anything.
  • I am also unable to download from Emerald Insight. Here's my debug ID: D1984201134
  • efilgo: For this we'd need a Debug ID from the connector rather than from Zotero Standalone itself.
  • Ok, here's the Debug ID I got when following the connector directions: D1980977189

(which don't seem that different from the other directions, honestly)
  • No, that's still from Standalone. Follow the section that says "Zotero Connectors (Chrome and Safari)". (I've clarified that section slightly, since if you skipped the Chrome/Safari lines you might think it was still referring to the Standalone preferences.)
  • To clarify, is this what I have to do?

Zotero Connectors (Chrome and Safari)

Open the Zotero Connector preferences
    Chrome: type chrome://extensions into the address bar, press return, and click the “Options” link underneath “Zotero Connector.”
    Safari: right-click anywhere on a webpage and select “Zotero Preferences…”
    In the Advanced tab of the Zotero Connector preferences, check the box next to “Enable Logging.” Do not close this window.
    Immediately perform all the relevant actions (e.g., import an item from a web page).
    Go back to the Advanced tab of the Zotero Connector preferences and click Submit to Zotero Server.
    You will be provided with a Debug ID. Please post the Debug ID to the forums.
    Uncheck the box next to “Enable Logging.”
  • Because I did that and that's what I provided you with.
  • yes it is. On which browser did you do that?
  • Ok, never mind, I see what you're referring to now. "advanced tab of the connector preferences" - it didn't say that earlier, right?
  • Here you go: D1130930036
  • (4)(+0001252): Translate: Parsing code for Emerald Publishing

(3)(+0000004): Translate: Beginning translation with Emerald Publishing

(2)(+0000012): Translate: Translation using Emerald Publishing failed:
    string => Error: No title specified for item
    stack => Error: No title specified for item
    at Object.Zotero.Translate.Sandbox.Web._itemDone (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero/translation/translate.js:574:32)
    at Object._itemDone (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/inject/translate_inject.js:82:17)
    at Zotero.Item.complete (eval at (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/inject/translate_inject.js:50:9), :1:284)
    at eval (eval at (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/inject/translate_inject.js:50:9), :15:9112)
    at FW._Scraper.makeItems (eval at (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/inject/translate_inject.js:50:9), :15:3202)
    at Object.FW.doWeb (eval at (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/inject/translate_inject.js:50:9), :15:9019)
    at doWeb (eval at (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/inject/translate_inject.js:50:9), :44:38)
    at Object.Zotero.Translate.Base._translateTranslatorLoaded (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero/translation/translate.js:1156:65)
    at Object.Zotero.Translate.Web._translateTranslatorLoaded (chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero/translation/translate.js:1724:62)
    at chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero/translation/translate.js:1123:61
    url => http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/02640470610660369
  • thanks.
    @aurimas -- do you see any reason to not just throw out the Emerald Translator and let Atypon handle this?
  • Sounds fine. We already have Emerald test cases in Atypon.
  • While I haven't been able to reproduce the error, I think this should be fixed now.

Your version of Zotero will automatically update within 24hs, or you can update manually using the "Update Now" button in the "General" tab of the Zotero preferences. If you're using Standalone, restart Zotero and your browser after updating.

Any further problems let us know & thanks for reporting
  • Report ID: 1859845451

I updated Zotero, however am still unable to save from Emerald.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the URL http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/LODJ-11-2012-0141
    2. Click on Zotero article icon in address bar

Zotero displays the message "An error occurred while saving this item, Check Troubleshooting Translator issues for more information".

Othe possibly relevant information:

I do see the article icon and hovering over the icon shows "Save to Zotero (Emerald Publishing)"

URL: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/LODJ-11-2012-0141
    Zotero Standalone Version: 4.0.26.2
    Firefox Connector Version: 4.0.26.2
    Firefox Version: 36.0.4

Report ID: 1859845451
    Debug ID: D1253791714
  • yeah, that shouldn't be possible anymore (i.e. the "Emerald Publishing" translator doesn't exist anymore and should have been deleted from your copy of Zotero).
    Could you provide a debug ID for clicking the "Update Now" button in the general tab of the Zotero preferences? (FWIW, right-clicking on the URL bar icon and selecting Save to Zotero (Atypon) will work and reproduces what should be happening anyway. Note this is only available in Firefox).
  • That is what I was expecting after reading the thread.

The Debug ID I get for the update now button is: D35863228.

And I confirm that right clicking (CTRL+click on my Mac) and selecting Atypon does work. Thanks.
  • @Dan - can you check if there's a problem with translator updates in the debug? Any other reason that file wouldn't get deleted? Worked on my non-dev profile, so doesn't seem like it's a general issue.
  • I don't think deletes were being sent properly from the repo, only on Zotero version updates. mhminai, if you update your translators again now, I believe Emerald should be gone. Let us know if not.
  • Yes, I no longer see Emerald after right clicking.

Thanks.