Zotero Word plugin for Surface Pro 3 - Office 365

Hello all
I am a relatively new user but I've used Zotero successfully and happily on Word 2007 and 2010.
Now I've just got A Microsoft Surface 3 Pro and also paid for Office 365. I downloaded the lates Word Plug in for Zotero but didn't manage to install it using the instructions on the site - basically the locations recommended don't seem to be there with Word as i have it.
So may I ask if anyone can help?
Thanks
Albert
  • The Surface Pro runs regular Windows 8, right?
    And the Word version, that's not a cloud version, correct? It's a locally installed version of Word 2013?
  • Hi
    It runs Windows 8.1
  • how about the other question -- that's actually more important.
  • Yes. I purchased and installed Office 365, so it's on the machine. I am unable to find the zotero addon as I had with my old laptop and Word 2010.
    So what do i do please?
    Thanks
  • edited March 3, 2015
    So I assume by this
    but didn't manage to install it using the instructions on the site - basically the locations recommended don't seem to be there with Word as i have it.
    You're referring to the manual installation instructions?
    https://www.zotero.org/support/windows_word_plugin_manual_installation_instructions
    If so, where exactly do they fail?
    If that's not what you've tried, do that now.
  • Precisely, that's what I was referring to.
    The path specified for Windows 8 -
    C:\Users\::username::\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Startup
    does not exist , at least on my Surface Pro
  • but there are instructions right above that for finding the Word Startup folder from Word. As the instructions say, those filepaths may differ depending on your setup.
  • I'll work at it and report back.
    many thanks
    Albert