Error: 733911202 Word plugin Zotero standalone very slow to insert references Mac OS X 10.9.5

Hi,
I am running Zotero Standalone 4.0.26.1 on a Macbook OS X 10.9.5. I am using it with Macword 2011. Recently the word plugin has become very slow. It's fast enough to bring up the search bar and select a reference, but when you 'enter' the reference the processing bar comes up for 10 to 20 seconds before inserting the reference.

My report ID is 733911202.
My Debug ID is D1780209589.

Can anyone advise me how to deal with this?

Thanks,

Adam
  • what size documents (number of pages, number of references (approximately))?
  • 12000 words. Approx 150 references.
  • that's not that much, but Word for Mac is extra slow so it might be hitting limits earlier. Which citation style? Do you have a bibliography inserted already?
  • Harvard. I don't have the bibliography already inserted. Thanks for helping with this. I'm in the UK, and so off to bed, but I'll be back online in the morning in case you have any suggestions. Many thanks,

Adam
  • @Dan - when you get a chance, could you look at debug/error on this? Anything of note in there?
    It's my understanding from Simon that we'd expect the first part (getting the refs from the document) to be particularly slow on Mac, but that doesn't appear to be the case here and the document seems otherwise rather small for these types of lags.
  • Looks like 220 fields. Beyond that, I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary, but this isn't my department. Simon would have to comment on what's to be expected (though obviously 10-20 seconds is quite long).