Import - overwriting existing data?

edit: This was an embarassingly dumb question. Just in case anyone else might encounter the same problem in the future: It is possible to switch between different li braries in the left-hand column of the main window. This panel can be hidden by clicking the divider to the main window...

Hi I am fairly new to Zotero, so please bear with me, if this is obvious to everyone else. On top of that, I am a little scared right now, as a due date approaches tonight (I guess, we've all been there...)

I used Zotero Standalone for Windows and the Firefox and the MS Word plugins to store my references. Then I wanted to add another reference via import. I downloaded a Bibtex-file and imported it in the Zotero Standalone-App (thinking it would just be added to the existing collection). Now I am staring at a "collection" which consists of just this one newly imported item - and nothing else. I guess I should have somehow saved the other references before importing!

Is there a way to switch back to / recover the lost references?

Any insights are greatly appreciated!
  • Glad you figured it out. To be clear, though, those aren't libraries, they are collections -- all of your items are in "My Library" at the top of the list at the left.