The version of this file is not compatible *pdfinfo-Win32.exe*

Hi,

I've installed Zotero on a new computer, including the pdfinfo and pdftotext files (using the button in settings).

However, when I index a pdf, I get the following error:

[title]c:\users\nico\Mozilla\i345dsfd.default\zotero\pdfinfo-Win32.exe[\title]
The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. check your computer's system information to see whether ou need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I do use a x64 Windows (7), but have used pdfinfo successfully elsehwere with a x64 bit Windows. Surely that can't be the problem...

I've deleted the files and tried again, with the same results. Any ideas?

nicojx
  • report id 87824531

Same problem as described above - I've looked through other posts with same issue and none seem to solve problem. Most useful stuff is the help file - https://www.zotero.org/support/pdf_fulltext_indexing , but I don't know enough to work it out from the sparse instructions.

I have the standalone and the firefox extension working fine on an old win 32 computer. It's a pain.
  • edited March 26, 2015
    Have you tried deleting the pdfinfo/pdftotext files from your Zotero data directory and reinstalling from the preferences?
  • Hi, I have exactly the same issue. And deleting the pdfinfo/pdftotext files from your Zotero data directory and reinstalling from the preferences didn't change anything.
    is there any pdfinfo-Win64.exe
  • edited March 29, 2015
    Sorry, this was a bug on our end. Delete the pdfinfo/pdftotext files in your Zotero data directory, restart Zotero, and reinstall from the Search pane of the Zotero preferences, and this should work.

We'll push out a new version of Zotero soon that fixes this automatically.
  • Thanks Dan for looking into this (for some reason I got an email when others commented but not when you replied).

I've upgraded to the latest version (of Zotero--26.02 and the plug-ins) but the issue remains.

Hope you meant a different version... :)
  • Yes, we haven't pushed out a fix yet, but you can fix it manually using the steps I give above.
  • Dan - many thanks - followed the manual reinstall and it worked just fine this time (it didn't before). You've made my day :)
  • This should be fixed automatically in the latest version of Zotero, 4.0.26.3, available now.