Computer died, no sync or backup of Zotero, but have time machine

Hi all,

My computer crashed and I had to do a clean install of os x. I did not have my zotero library backed up or synced except for with time machine. Is there anyway that I can import my old library from the time machine backup? I hope that makes sense.

Sorry if this has been covered before and I couldn't find it.

Thanks so much!
  • Should be no problem, time machine is all you need.
    See if this makes sense:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#restoring_your_zotero_library_from_a_backup1
    Let us know if you have any questions, the more specific the easier for us to give you good answers.
  • Thanks! I'll give it a try.
  • edited February 16, 2015
    Time machine should allow you to recover _everything_ programs and all _automatically_. It is even more simple than following the directions above.
  • DWL is right. If go back to the HD image from the last back-up, your Zotero library should just be there.
  • Can you restore individual items or applications? I was under the impression it was an all or nothing type of deal. Unfortunately I don't have the hardd rive readily accessible at the moment.
  • but why would you not want to restore your whole system?
    (I think you can selectively restore, but I'm not a Mac person).
  • You can selectively restore any file, directory or all files. Easy to do-- even wnen half asleep and frustrated.
  • though if you are going to selectively restore, you'll need to read the restoring from back-up section of the docs I linked to so you know what to restore. Zotero App and Zotero data aren't in the same location on your HD.
  • Haha, so it's come full circle. Thanks again everyone.