I can't find my folders neither my pdf

Computer:
I have a mac with OS X Yosemite versión 10.10.2

Zotero:
I think I had it standalone and firefox configure on May/June 2014 (I don't know what version)
But I just use the firefox version

Export:
I have exported my library (with my file and sub files) with about 500 papers with pdfs in a RIS format from my zotero firefox
What I did was: tools /export/RIS format

Problems with my computer:
I reconfigured my system for some problems

Import:
After solved my computer problems I install zotero standalone and firefox again but when I do that the software told me "Seems to be the first time that use zotero, we have find a library" after that load a list of my old papers with no pdfs attached.
After that, I have tried to import my library from my RIS file, but didn't bring me my sub files nor my actual papers with pdfs, just load the list of my old files with no pdfs attached.

I have a file named:
Zotero
My library zotero
Files
My library zotero.ris

Inside the file "Files"
I have subfiles with numbers, for example:
And inside this number files i have a pdf file

Help:
I am desperated because I have studying my DBA and I have all my research that
I did the same procedure a year ago with a window computer and then everything work ok
I am not so expert with Zotero
Please, help me!

Thanks
Jessika
  • There is a small issue with Zotero's file import which prevents the PDFs from importing, I can walk you through the fix for that, but let's step back first:

re-importing from RIS export is not a great way to restore your library. You'll lose small amounts of data, you'll lose collections. You don't happen to have a back-up of your computer's hard disk prior to whatever "reconfiguration" you did? e.g. something via time machine?
  • yes I have two kinds of backups:
    - from time machine
    - from copy and paste my files and subfiles
    Please, tell me what I have to do
    Thanks a lot
  • see if this helps:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#restoring_your_zotero_library_from_a_backup1
    let us know if you have any questions.
  • ok, I will try it and i will let you know the results
    Thanks a lot
  • I will run a recovery from my time machine backup. That means, go back until the day of my backup with the system configuration. I don't have a backup of files, I justa have a time machine backup. It will work?
  • but time machine will also restore the files, at least when normally configured, no?