Google captcha

When I try to import data froma a file into zotero, if the file is large, I get blocked by a Google captcha request. The worst aspect is that there is actually no captcha box to fullfill the request (only the message stating that a captcha box will open in the next window, but it does not happen) and I am not allowed to proceed with my work. The problem arises even if I am not downloading data from the net, but only uploading data from a file on my computer, without any involvement in google. I went around the problem disconnecting the system from internet, but of course I get blocked if zotero tries to synchronize with the zotero server.
Why does it happen? Any way to solve the problem?
  • The only time Zotero uses Google Scholar (other than when you're saving directly from it) is when you do Retrieve Metadata for PDF. If that's not what you're referring to, you have some other extension installed that's doing this.
  • (the citations for zotero add-on would be the most likely extension related to this issue).
  • Great!
    actually I had the citation for zotero add-on enabled. I disabled now and I hope that the issue is solved.
    Thank you
  • Was having the same problem. Every time I added a book citation in Zotero, Google was generating a "Unusual Traffic" message and asking for me to fill out a Captcha field (which never appeared).
    In my plugins, I had the Zotero for Google Scholar plugin installed. After disabling it, everything is working as it should.