Problems with implementation of CSL schema?

I had quite some troubles to get the pluralization of the pages-label right, as Zotero and the CSL schema seem to use different terms. The CSL schema says:

## modifies plualization behavior [ a:defaultValue = "contextual" ]
plural = attribute plural { xsd:boolean }

So I would expect to have to use "plural="false"" as in the following label element:
<label variable="page" form="long" plural="false"/>

Instead, only "pluralize="never"" seems to work (something which I found out by looking in Trac: https://www.zotero.org/trac/changeset/2352):

<label variable="page" form="long" pluralize="never"/>

Is this incorrectly implemented, or am I reading the schema wrong?

BTW, Bruce, if you're reading this, there is a small typo in the comment on line 587 of the schema (pluralization is missing it's r): "modifies plualization behavior".
  • I now have a related problem: this pluralize option doesn't seem to work for editor-labels, e.g.:

<names variable="editor">
    <name/>
    <label form="short" pluralize="never"/>
    </names>

still gives "eds" instead of "ed", although I was under the impression that the pluralize-option should work for all types of labels?
  • The present schema in SVN does call for only 'true' or 'false', which means a working schema will not validate against it and vice versa. The implementation actually seems to offer a feature over the schema, so I'd propose changing the schema to enumerate options. If there are existing styles that use 'false', perhaps it should be treated identically to 'never' & deprecated. As for 'true', there are arguments for it to be treated as either contextual or always, but it can also be commented as deprecated.

If no styles actually use true/false, I think they can be removed...