Export citations to Excel or Ms Word

We would like to export all the publications from the library to an Excel or Ms Word document. There are about 500 articles/books listed. Any thoughts how to proceed?

Thank you.
  • We have a CSV export format, which Excel can read.
    Right-click on "My Library" --> Export Library then select CSV. Note this will only work easily in the installed software, it can't be done in a single operation from the online version of your library.
  • The library I am trying to extract is from the Group Library. Does it make a difference?

I don't see the CSV.Note?

Many thanks.
  • For Groups, you'd need to click on the group on the left, then select all in the middle panel --> right click --> export selected items and then CSV.

If that doesn't work, I need you to be more explicit about what you're trying & seeing.
  • Using Standalone, and trying to export a small (trial) collection to CVS, I notice that the Publisher information is not included -- even though Publisher is selected in the pull-down menu in the central column. I also notice that Place information is not included, and that there is no provision for that in the pull-down menu. (Both Publisher and Place appear OK in the right column in Sandalone, and also in a generated Report.)
  • could you run us through how you're exporting and how you're testing? CSV (note the order) export in Zotero is a full export of all fields in Zotero, definitely including publisher and place. It is not affected by the fields displayed in the center pane.
  • Thanks. An oversight on my part: the Publisher column is scrolled far to the right, off the screen, in the AA column. But is indeed there, along with everything else. This will be helpful.
  • Is the export to CSV feature only available at the My Library level? I'd like to do this for just one folder.

Thanks!
    Susan
  • you can export the whole library, any collection, and any list of items. For collections, right-click (ctrl+click) on the collection--> Export --> CSV
  • Perfect -- thanks so much for the speedy response!