Found a bug with name starting with "De"

Hi

I found that bizarre bug with name starting with "De" like for example Claudio De Felice
If I used the style Free radical research it showed it like that "Felice C De"
while it should be "De Felice C"

with name like "Aurelien De la Torre" it is the same "Torre A De la" while it should be "De la Torre A"
even crazier with Aurelien De La Torre..it showed "La Torre A De"

something must be wrong with that style if somebody understand something, I will be happy because with others styles that put the name first it is fine like with the style "Cell" for example

thanks
  • edited December 3, 2014
    The style is now fixed. The updated version will appear on the repository within 30mins (check the timestamp). Update your copy of the style by clicking "Update Now" in the General tab of the Zotero preferences.

Styles also update automatically within 24hs for Zotero 4.0+
    In an existing document, you may have to switch to a different style and back for the changes to take effect once the style is updated.
    Any further problems please let us know & thanks for reporting.

Note that the names will still be sorted under the main laste name (i.e. F and T in your example). That, too, can be changed, but you'd have to provide an example from a published article about how they'd like to see that. Both types of sorting are not uncommon.
  • Thanks very much for this precious help
    Works like a charm
  • Hi

I still have this problem.
    Name appears on list as "De la Zerda, N" but in citation as "la Zerda, N. De" and is arranged under letter L in bibliography.
  • edited July 25, 2015
    ... and I've just found another one.
    Name appears on list as "Al-Hattami, A" (no spaces) but in citation as "Hattami, A. Al-" which is clearly wrong.

Strangely, this doesn't happen with El-Hassan, S.
  • edited July 26, 2015
    Thank you for reporting. There is some work going on around name particles (the thread is here). If you come across other anomalies, please let us know.

I have made what I think will be helpful changes for these particles in the processor. You can try out the changes by installing the Processor Patch plugin. Let us know whether it addresses this issue successfully. (You should remove the plugin at the next Zotero upgrade.)
  • edited July 27, 2015
    The two particles you mention above should behave better with the Processor Patch plugin, but I have three followup questions.

(1) In the bibliography, should "De la Zerda" sort under "D" or under "Z"?
    (2) In the "reversed" form in citations, should the form be "De la Zerda, N.", or "Zerda, N. De la"?
    (3) In the bibliography, should "Al-Hattami" sort under "A" or under "H"?
  • I tried the processor Patch, but is there no way it can work if you don't have Firefox?
  • If you are in Standalone, you should be able to install the patch plugin via Preferences -> Add-ons (I don't use Standalone myself, so I can't confirm, but that's the advice I've seen on the forums).
  • I can see the Add Ons, but it just gives a list which doesn't include the patch.
  • right, and from there you can install the Patch .xpi (having downloaded it, of course) by selecting "Install from file" after clicking on the little tools icon.
  • Great. Looks a bit different on Standalone but I found it eventually. Thanks.

TOOLS --> ADD-ONS --> Setting button --> Install Add-on from file