incompatibility Zotero / Firefox 24.6.0 urgent

hello,

I can not install Zotero on computers at the university because the version is not compatible with Firefox 24.6. (This version is installed on all computers)

How should I do? We have a lot of training scheduled.

Thanks a lot.

Damien
  • edited October 16, 2014
    Firefox 24 ESR is no longer supported by Mozilla as of October 14th, so we've also dropped support for it. All organizations running the ESR should now be running Firefox 31 ESR, which has been out since July.

I don't know offhand if Zotero still works with Firefox 24. It probably mostly works, but there might be a few issues. You can try unzipping the Zotero XPI, modifying install.rdf in a text editor to set minVersion to 24.0 instead of 31.0, and rezipping it (still with an XPI extension). There are also various ways to override the compatibility check in Firefox itself, but I'm not sure if there's an easy method for a single extension. Such modified installations may not update automatically to later versions of Zotero, since the newer versions will also have a minVersion of 31.

The best solution is to ask your IT department to upgrade to Firefox 31, since Firefox 24 is no longer receiving security updates and shouldn't be used.
  • Thank you very much for this fast answer !!
  • edited October 19, 2014
    zotero-4.0.21.1.xpi can be installed with FF 24.6 ESR (and also with iceweael 24.8.1, which might help Debian user)
  • Don't use 4.0.21.1. If anything, use 4.0.22, which was still marked as compatible with Fx24. But be aware of the issues fixed since then.