swap first and last name in bibliography

Hi am using MLZ Zotero with NZ law style guide. In my footnotes for journal articles the first name/initials come first i.e.

Jennifer L Harris and Samantha K Graff “Protecting Young People From Junk Food Advertising: Implications of Psychological Research for First Amendment Law” (2012) 102 American Journal of Public Health 214 at 219.

But in my bibliography:

Harris, Jennifer L and Graff, Samantha K “Protecting Young People From Junk Food Advertising: Implications of Psychological Research for First Amendment Law” (2012) 102 American Journal of Public Health 214.

I would like my bibliography to match my footnotes and but still alphabetize itself by last name. Is that possible to do in the style editor?

Ridiculous style I know!

Thanks
  • The MLZ styles (listed on the CitationStylist) can't be edited through the style editor, unfortunately; but the effect you're after is simple to produce.

I should first ask, though: this is a requirement of the NZ law style itself? If so, I should make the change in the distributed version of the style.
  • Yes, this is a change between the first and second editions of the NZ Law Style Guide. Refer to http://www.lawfoundation.org.nz/style-guide/nzlsg_appendix_7.html - Journal Articles Bibliography example at the bottom of the page, first name or capitalised initials with no commas or full stops.

What's the best way for me to change what I already have done?

Thanks.
  • What's the best way for me to change what I already have done?
    For your documents, just wait for me to get a revised version up on the site - the changes to your citations will be automatic.
  • Awesome, let me know. Thanks
  • Okay, the amended version of the style should be live now.

http://citationstylist.org/tools/#styles

After reinstalling, you will need to switch to another style, then back for the changes to take effect in any open documents. If there are any other problems, just post back.
  • Awesome thanks, a further thing I just realised is that it changes 3+ authors to the 1st author + "and others", but while this is correct for footnotes, the bibliography is supposed to list all the authors. Could be worth a change too if you have the time!

Thanks so much!!!
  • Okay, I've extended it to list up to 20 authors, with "and others" for any remaining. In the rare cases of works with enormous numbers of authors (a famous physics paper has around 2,000), that should be a reasonable compromise.