Word does not refresh the changes made on Zotero standalone

All the changes I am making to references on Standalone are not corrected in the word document.
I tried to do it from several PCs, but word is not refreshing.
I also tried to re-install the word plugin but this was helpless too.

Any advice would be appreciated !!!
  • Are you sure you are editing the correct reference? Make sure you don't have duplicates of the same reference (try searching your library for some metadata from the bibliography).

Are you able to edit individual references in the document (i.e. using "Edit Citation" button in Zotero)? Are you able to edit the bibliography (using Zotero's "Edit Bibliography" button)?

Are the references still not updated if you delete and re-insert them (try on one)? Make sure to re-insert from the "My Library" section, not "Cited".

Are you sure you are inserting the references from the correct library? E.g. you could be editing the reference in a group library on Zotero, but inserting it in Word from My Library.
  • Thanks a lot.
    deleting the references and re-inserting finally seemed working. This will take hours as this is a long document.
    Any idea why this happened?
  • I meant these as troubleshooting steps. Are you able to edit the reference?
  • Yes I am able to edit the references in the text !

... after re-inserting all the references again, the word document is refreshing without problems