1963143056 "too much recursion" and Javascript error on sync

folks, here's a sync failure in a new installation of firefox and zotero:

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: document.body is undefined" {file: "chrome://kwift/content/scripts/Core.js" line: 336}]

[ABE WAN] Detected WAN IP 208.83.196.11

[JavaScript Error: "docShell.QueryInterface(...).sessionHistory is null" {file: "chrome://browser/content/content-sessionStore.js" line: 230}]

...repeat final line 3x and fail.
thx for your time.

--Wes
  • Does this happen if you disable your other Firefox extensions?
  • If so, provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that produces the error.
  • First error string mentioned httpseverywhere, disabled that and narrowed output to what I show above. Disabled all others w/no change.

The Debug ID is D1291161073.

thx
  • It'd be helpful to see the output with no other extensions installed.
  • uninstalled all,

The Debug ID is D1375300988.
  • OK, the error is actually coming through now.

We actually had one other report of this the other day but otherwise have never seen it before. You both have Norton security software installed (though I know you've disabled it in Firefox). I would try disabling or uninstalling that completely, since there's a good chance that's the culprit.

It's also possible this is a new issue in Firefox 30, but I'm unable to reproduce anything like it.

If disabling Norton isn't possible, the easiest thing to try here would be to install Zotero Standalone and try to sync with that. If that works, you can easily switch back to Zotero for Firefox afterward, since they'll share the same data directory by default.

And if none of that helps, you could simply transfer your library from another synced computer, which would avoid this large initial sync.
  • Another recurison issue... here's mine:
  • edited June 17, 2014
    See my message above (replacing "Norton" with "McAfee").
This discussion has been closed.