research notes in endnote lost in zotero

hello,
I exported my EndNote x4 library to Zotero. The bibliographic descriptions are now fine but my EndNote research notes are gone. How can I make Zotero to import them, too?
  • how did you export from Endnote? Open the file with a text editor. Are the research notes there? If they aren't, Zotero can't import them, obviously. I believe going through XML may be more complete than using RIS.
  • thanks! I modified the content of txt file, and now it works.
  • I had the same problem, but I'm afraid I'm so new to these things that I don't understand exactly how you solved the problem. How does one open a file with a text editor? How did you modify the content of a txt file? Exactly what did you do? --thanks in advance for any help you can offer
  • a text editor is Notepad on Windows and TextEdit on Mac (for example). You should be able to open whatever you exported from Endnote in that program and then if your notes are in there.
  • But I would suggest that you start a new thread and describe your problem specifically. We should probably import research notes as standalone notes though.
  • Many thanks for both suggestions. I'll try using Notepad, and in the meantime I'll also start a new thread.