export group library to Word

I have a group library with one collection but 30+ sub folders. Is there a way to export all the folders to one bibliography in Word? I've been doing each folder separately and then cut/pasting them together. This has destroyed the sorting options! TIA
  • edited April 24, 2014
    You can just click on the group on the left hand panel and it will show all the references in your group.

But you seem to be using Zotero in a way that severely limits its capabilities. Take a look at https://www.zotero.org/support/quick_start_guide and https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage You should be using the Word processor plugin, instead of copy-pasting references.
  • Thanks aurimas, I've watched everything I can find on this subject many times but this was the only way I could get any results. I must not get it because its very true that I am not finding Zotero to be the easy helpful resource I was told. Do you have any suggestions? I have the plugins for Word and Word 2010
  • Why don't you step back a little and explain what you're trying to achieve. It sounds like this should be pretty simple (as aurimas says - just click on the group --> select all (ctrl+a) --> right-click --> Create Bibliography...) but maybe we're missing something.
  • I must not get it because its very true that I am not finding Zotero to be the easy helpful resource I was told. Do you have any suggestions?
    If you have the Word plugin installed, you should be inserting citations into your text as you write using Zotero functions (Add-ons tab in Word). Once you are done writing (or at any point, really) you would insert the bibliography (again, using Zotero functions on the Add-on tab) and Zotero will automatically figure out what references you have used in your text and generate the bibliography. The bibliography will then automatically update as you make changes to your manuscript.

Importantly, this will also allow you to switch styles with ease if you need to.

In a gist, this is how Zotero is meant to be used when working in Word.