Blank page when printing reports

I notice that when I print (on physical paper) an HTML report with notes from Zotero Standalone, blank pages are inserted in places. There doesn't really seem to be a pattern.

I read this forum post from last year (https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/31615/blank-page-when-printing-reports-generated-from-notes/), which indicates that if notes are long ol formatted lists (and mine are) then there could be odd blank pages inserted into printed reports.

Just wondering -- is there a fix for this yet? I tried to copy into word and print from there, but that doesn't take all of my pictures with it. And I really need those...

This program is seriously the best thing that has ever happened to me. If there is no fix to this issue then I will gladly waste the extra trees and ink to continue using it. But I like trees and I hate spending my hard-earned money on printer ink so hopefully there's a solution somewhere!

Thanks,

Amy
  • there's currently no Zotero fix.

In Firefox there is a print preview function that should show you the empty pages so you can not print them - it might be possible to add that to the report window in Standalone as a quick fix.
  • I'm sorry, I should not have said "blank pages" because that was not a very precise description.

The pages all have some amount of text on them, but sometimes it's only a title and the table with the source information. In that case, the notes would start on the next page.

But even with that clarification, like there isn't a fix here. It's not a horrible thing anyways, just an annoyance. I will deal :)