Renaming multiple attachments of one entry

Hi all,

I use zotero to download, sort and access publications from scientific journals - usually they come as pdfs. Some of the publications have "supplemental materials" which have the same bibliographic identifiers as the publication as such, but come in various formats: a 2nd pdf, a homepage, a jpg...
I would really like to have an easy way to rename this supplements file in a way that I can distinguish it from the main part of the publication (1st pdf) within the same zotero entry, and I wans't able to figure out how that is possible. "rename file from parent metadata" does not help, as I then have e.g. two almost identically named pdfs; the portion of the filename of the 2nd pdf that I can see will be identical to the 1st one.
=> Is there any option to enter a name for an attached file or snapshot as free text?
  • Yes, - if you select the attachment, you can click on the bold title in the right hand panel and change the label (and, by checking the "Rename..." box, also the filename) of any attachment.
  • Well that's easy, thanks a lot!!