problem emptying trash 452430177

Dear,

I just can't empty the trash for my group. (actualy trying to delete 34472 items. I had various bug messages today, all related I think : 20140422, 706466874, 3225070 & 290734095 before the current one mentionned in object.
  • Have you tried doing this in smaller batches - no more than 1000 at a time? (select and press delete)
  • edited April 22, 2014
    Hi adamsmith,

Standalone does not accept to delete any item if the child items are visible when I select a batch of items. So I am currently trying to hide the child items :
    "Ctrl A" , "ctrl -"
    but zotero is not responding since 10 min.

Otherwise if I select parent items one by one it will work. I can't do this for 15 000 parent items in my group's trash. :)

If the command "CTRL -" works, I should be able to delete them in batches of 1000 as you suggest. I'll keep you posted if things keep freezing. Could Dan empty the trash on his side when he comes around?
  • you don't need the ctrl. You should be able to collapse all items just by pressing the minus (-) key. Not sure how that will fare with such a massive library, though, and it will only work if all top-level items in the trash were actually deleted. If some of this are deleted notes, you're out of luck with that.

Another thing that could work is to search for something in the quick format bar that will reduce the number of hits, and then do ctrl+a --> delete

I'm not sure Dan can actually do this easily. How did you get to have 35k items in the trash in the first place, btw?
  • I'm still working on the import of the former REFMAN db from my organisation. https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/36083/export-from-refman-to-zotero-without-losing-special-characters/ I realised that I had been missing the publication name in the RIS-like bibliography I generated out of REFMAN. I have realised this a bit late so I have to start over the process from scratch to update publication names of the 15000 items.