Formating problems with OpenOffice

hey there,

I am using the zotero standalone version with openoffice on a Win7 64bit machine and I have two problems:

1. At some points in my text, I want to add multiple references at the same location. I use the Nature citation style, so I get multiple grey boxes, containing superscript numbers. I want to them to be separated only by commas, excluding spaces...so for example like "1,2,3"...NOT "1, 2, 3". When I eliminate the spaces manually, though, the multiple grey boxes sometimes converge into one big box which messes up the code behind the references...right? Also, I want zotero to automatically eliminate the spaces...how can I do that?

2. I set the font of my text to Calibri but when adding references, this always seems to happen in Times New Roman which somehow creates a weird mess of different fonts throughout the text and bibliography...how can I stop this?

thanks so much!

jdoell
  • In the Nature style, a citation to bibliography items 1, 2 and 3 should come out as a range. 1‒3 Are you entering the citations in the document as a single citation, or as a series of separate citations with one reference each?

On fonts, Zotero does not set the font, it only sends the text and some other formatting information; the word processor will apply the document's default font when inserting the references.

To get Calibri throughout the document, you'll need to set the document's default font to Calibri in the word processor style settings. The steps will vary depending on the word processor, but that's definitely the medicine that's needed.
  • hey,

so far, I haven't had the case of three numbers that follow each other directly (like 1,2,3). Generally, I insert each citation as a single citation, because I move text around quite a bit. That means I might be adding one citation to a specific sentence and then at some point in the future adding another one. I'm not even sure how to do a "series of separate citations"...

ps: I'll try setting calibri as standard font then.

thanks a lot!
  • edited April 19, 2014
    Very good, sorry for assuming that was a literal test case. For a broken sequence, I do get the cite numbers without spaces, though (again in the Nature style). 1,4,5