zotero in forefox toolbar

Hello,
I would like to have your advice.
I have Windows XP and the latest version of Firefox.
Firefox crashed and when I restarted it, Zotero was gone from the "Tools" menu (from where I open it) and the add-on "zotero word for windows integration 3.1.15" couldn't work anymore in Word.I try to open the add-on "options", but it would just make Forefox hang (I tried maybe 10 times!). What should I do? Reinstall Zotero (a lalest version) and a add-on?
Maenwhile I will do a backup of the zotero.sqlite

Thank you for your response,
  • I try to open the add-on "options", but it would just make Forefox hang (I tried maybe 10 times!).
    Where are you accessing the "options"? Is that from Word?
    What should I do? Reinstall Zotero (a lalest version) and a add-on?
    Yes, try that. It can't hurt. Obviously making a backup of your Zotero library is a good idea. Also, check if you have a folder on your desktop titles something like "old profile" (don't delete it, it might have your Zotero library in it)
  • 1) It is when I access in the Firefox menu "tools" and then in "add-ons" and then in the sub-menu "extensions" [zotero word for windows integration 3.1.15" (there I can click on "options" - "remove" or "disable".
    So when I click on "options" the computer hangs automatically.
    Should I click on "remove"?

2) I didn't find the folder you are saying, unfortunately. But I did a back up of the "zotero" folder (found in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ldkc9xk2.default)

3) When I sign in Zotero through the web site, I can see my library.
    If I download Zotero again to my computer: is there a risk of losing access to that? My concern is not to lose any of the links I have been saving. Also I want the word integration option, please tell me what is the best thing to do.
    THANKS!
  • If I download Zotero again to my computer: is there a risk of losing access to that?
    You will not lose anything that you have online. Go ahead and install Zotero from https://www.zotero.org/download/ Then we can proceed with further troubleshooting.
  • Thank you very much for your help. I re-downloaded everything and it seems to work fine again.
    Thanks!