New zotero download not syncing to cloud

Hi there,

I have had quite a few sync issues in the past but this one will not resolve. I bought a new laptop and need to upload my library to my standalone zotero program. I have tried on that as well as the firefox extension and both freeze about 30 seconds after initiating sync, then zotero and/or firefox won't respond. I have been tried several times.

Sorry, I have about about 10k files and about 300 have PDFs attached. The new computer is plenty fast.

Please help! I have a manuscript due soon.
  • Have you tried letting it think for some time (say, let it go for 30 minutes)?
  • Not for that long. I will try that but am wondering if there is anything else I can do.
  • I would say submit a Debug ID, but you can't if the program freezes. You can try to submit the real-time debug output if you notice that the text stops scrolling. If the text keeps going after Zotero freezes, then there's probably noting wrong (it's just being slow). Then restart Zotero without real-time output and just wait until it's done.

If you still have your old computer, you can just transfer the library via USB drive following the instructions here: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/transferring_a_library
  • Try just letting it go. Your client is performing a full download (of your rather large library), so it will definitely freeze for a while as it processes, but it should finish if you let it go.

If you're in a rush, you can transfer manually as aurimas says.
  • (And you actually have 27,000 items, including child items.)
  • Thanks Dan, I will let it go overnight or for an afternoon over the weekend and if it doesn't work by Monday will do it manually.