Environmental science & technology (ES&T) style: problems with italic

I'm about to submit a paper to Environmental science & technology and I have the problem that the Journal Abbreviation or the Book titles do not appear in italic in my word document. When I check in the Style Repository, the style looks fine. I have also tried the American Chemical Society (with titles, no "et al.") - it's the same, the style looks right but still no italics in my reference section. Does anyone have an idea what I could do?

Thanks a lot!
Esther
  • I have just tried it out with a new document and some new citations. There it works fine. When I copy my whole article into that document and refresh Zotero, all the citations look correct. But then when I delete those new references, and refresh again, the italic parts turn back to non-italic...

So it must be a problem of my original article text. That seems very strange!
  • The problem is the first reference - it has more than 50% italics, so Word toggles italics for the entire section. We're aware of this, but there's currently no solution.
    Try clicking "Edit Bibliography" in the Word plugin - don't actually do anything, just click OK. Does that help?
  • No, that didn't help. But I have changed the first reference and now it works! Thank you so much for your hint! You safed me a lot of manual work... :-)