citation numbering refers to the wrong citations in the bibliography

Hi!

I am using firefox, windows 8 and libre office. I am writing a paper, and I notice that when I enter a reference, the citation number does not match up with the number in the bibliography at the end of the paper. I am using the IEEE style. However, when switching to another style that does not use numbers or when I mouse over the numbers in the IEEE style, it looks normal. There is no error messages anywhere. I tried following the suggestions mentioned here: http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents, but nothing worked. Help?
  • you've tried deleting and re-inserting the bibliography?
    When you click on "Edit Bibliography" in the LibreOffice plugin, can you click on "Revert All" at tht bottom?
  • Oh, maybe I've misunderstood some names and terms. I thought the 'bibliography' refered to the reference list at the end of my document. However, when I click on the "edit bibliography"-button I get this message: "You must insert a bibliography before performing this operation". So apparently I don't have a bibliography :P only a reference list at the end of my document, and that's where the numberings don't match up.
  • How did you get the reference list in the first place? The only way Zotero would have created that would have been via the "insert bibliography" button.
    What happens if you click "insert bibliography"?
  • I just use 'insert citation' everytime I need to insert a reference, and the reference list builds up at the end of my paper.
    When I click 'insert bibliography', a new reference list is generated.. aaand this is actually the correct one! o.O
This discussion has been closed.