I need Harvard style with note (full) as for the DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY LIBRARY SERVICES

Dear all,

Does anyone know how can I find The Harvard system of
referencing with rules by DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY LIBRARY SERVICES (2009) The Harvard system of
referencing [WWW] De Montfort University Leicester. Available from:
www.library.dmu.ac.uk/Images/Selfstudy/Harvard.pdf [Accessed 09/08/2012].

The company I work for even changed partly the rules, so I had to adopt the style a bit - I found Harvard University of Birmingham (as they also refer to this style for review of styles and further info in the link).

I tried to change the script (well, my husband did ;)) to "note" but it does just change the (author- date) to "number for note" (I need footnote with Harvard referencing style) which is great but the footnote contains only (author- date) but I need sth like Chichago stlye (note)just it HAS to be Harvard style.

All the best and thank you for ur ideas :)
S
  • "Harvard" refers to a family of styles that print author-date inline. So I don't quite understand what a style that is something like Zotero but _has_ to be Harvard would look like.
    More generally, we can't really provide much support for company (or unversity) specific styles. Best we can do is provide answers to specific technical questions if you're trying to do this yourself.
    Rintze or I will also code styles for a fee if you have a budget for that. (typically $150-350 depending on the complexity of the style needed. At the high-end of that are mostly legal styles).
  • Adam Smith,
    thanks for the answer.
    I was unclear, sorry.
    I am interested how to display bibliography in footnotes with style like in the document of De Montfort University Leicester (closest match I found on ZOTERO repository is Harvard University of Birmingham). So the referencing would print inline footnote numbers like Chichago style (full note). Is there an easy solution, so I could change that code. It would help my PhD thesis a lot.
    S
  • I don't know what constitutes an easy solution.
    You can try moving the bibliography information for the style to the citation section. That likely requires some fine-tuning. If you haven't already, you may find the information here: http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step and links on that page helpful. If you need specific help we'll need specific problems - running you through the entire process step-by-step is just too time-consuming.