Mac Word toolbar disappeared

After the Zotero update, my zotero tool-bar within word disappeared. Zotero is there, and the toolbar is checked, but does not show.
  • are the functions available via the apple-script menu?
    http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/no_toolbar_in_word_2008_plugin
  • yes. all the functionality is still there, just annoying that my quick toolbar has disappeared...
  • and that's Word 2011? That apparently happens from time to time - I think there is a thread with some possible solutions, maybe someone else remembers where, I haven't followed that.

You can always try reinstalling Word components from the Cite tab of the Zotero prefs - can't hurt, might work.
  • Yes, word 2011.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I had it happen before, but I just reinstalled or showed the toolbar and it reappeared...
  • edited December 12, 2013
    Mine disappeared for months on Word 2011, then I just changed the view mode to "Focus" (full-screen) and the Zotero toolbar reappeared!

On a related note, is there any way to get the Zotero toolbar to "stick" to Word instead of floating above the program?
  • I would also like to know how to make the toolbar "stick" in mac word 2011? Thanks.
  • I found the best approach was to edit the toolbars and move the zotero icons onto it:

1. 'right' or control click on the tool bar currently visible (not the ribbon, rather the toolbar)
    2. Choose 'customize toolbar'
    3. Tick the zotero option so the floating bar appears
    4. Drag each icon to somewhere helpful on your current toolbar: I choose to have them on the left side so they are visible even when word is in a small window.

I hope that makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.