Should I and how can I request a new style for Citing Medicine

Citing Medicine is a free ebook available from the NIH website http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7256/ on, well citing medicine and my university uses it as its referencing style in the medical fields. It would be just fantastic if Zotero could incorporate a Citing Medicine style.
  • Isn't that just Vancouver?
  • Almost, but when a doi is provided it is meant to be given in the reference. e.g. Bhutta ZA, Darmstadt GL, Hasan BS, Haws RA. Community-based interventions for improving perinatal and neonatal health outcomes in developing countries: a review of the evidence. Pediatrics. 2005 Feb;115(2 Suppl):519-617. DOI:10.1542/peds.2004-1441. Zotero doesn't do this from what I've seen. I've had articles that had a doi in the info in Zotero and yet for whatever reason it didn't give the doi
  • I've checked the manual - that article is the only example with a DOI included, all other journal articles, although most of them do in fact have DOIs, are cited without.
    The DOI is optional just as the PMID in the example right above it
    "70. Journal article with an indication it may be found in PubMed

Amalberti R, Auroy Y, Berwick D, Barach P. Five system barriers to achieving ultrasafe health care. Ann Intern Med. 2005 May 3;142(9):756-64. Cited in: PubMed; PMID 15867408."