Patent Style for Plant Science

Greetings,

I am working with a faculty member who needs to cite a patent when using the Plant Science style. There is a patent citation style available - however it pre-populates the citation to include "U.S. Patent" before the actual patent number.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work with non-U.S. patents. Is there a way that text can be removed? Here are some examples:

Plant Science patent (for a Japanese patent!)
[1]M. Shono, S. Yanagihara, Y. Egawa, K. Suzuki, H. Takeda, I. Singh, et al., Transgenic tobacco expressing tomato mitochondrial small heat shock protein for resistance of heat stress., U.S. Patent JP2002095370, 2002.

Carbon patent (excludes 'U.S. Patent' from style)
1. Shono M, Yanagihara S, Egawa Y, Suzuki K, Takeda H, Singh I, et al. Transgenic tobacco expressing tomato mitochondrial small heat shock protein for resistance of heat stress. JP2002095370, 2002. p. 12 pp.

As a note, a patent style for Plant Science is not included in the Guide for Authors. So, hopefully the one in the system can just be modified.

Thanks in advance,
Rebecca
  • The style is now fixed. The updated version will appear on the repository within 30mins (check the timestamp). Update your copy of the style by re-installing it from the repository. (See here if you need instructions for installing styles in standalone.)

Styles should also update automatically within 24hs for Zotero 4.0+
    In an existing document, you may have to switch to a different style and back for the changes to take effect once the style is updated.
    Any further problems please let us know.