Unified Linguistics Style Sheet: problem with conference presentations

Hello, I am using Zotero 4.0.8 and Zotero Word for Windows Integration 3.1.12 (the most recent versions according to Firefox). I have just updated the Unified Linguistics Style Sheet too.

References to conference presentations (not in Proceedings) do not conform to style in reference list. They should appear like this:

PRINCE,ELLEN. 1991. Relative clauses, resumptive pronouns, and kind-sentences. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Linguistic Society of America, Chicago.

Instead, we get this:
PRINCE,ELLEN. 1991. Relative clauses, resumptive pronouns, and kind-sentences. Chicago.

That is, the content in the conference name field does not appear, but it should appear prefixed by "Paper presented at". Entering the name of the content in the "Proceedings Title" field obviously does not do it because it treats it like something published in a book (no prefixation with "Paper presented at", and italics, both wrong).

Is there a known fix for this? Unfortunately, I can sort of understand XML but I cannot write code in it :-(
Thank you kindly, folks.
Bruno
  • Sorry, there should be a space after the comma and before the author's first name. My bad copy-pasting. Incidentally, I am not too worried about small caps for author names, since the publishers can typeset it themselves (it is only suggested for submission).
  • Finally (sorry for multiple postings), the LSA style sheet (which I believe forms the basis for this style) can be found here: http://www.linguisticsociety.org/files/style-sheet.pdf
  • are you using the presentation item type for this or the conference paper item type? Perhaps somewhat unintuively, this should be "Presentation" (conference paper is limited to published papers in proceedings).
    I haven't checked the stylesheet to make sure it work correctly for presentation, but one step at a time.
  • ah, I don't feel particularly smart now. You're right Adam, sorry. I just didn't quite identify "presentation" as a possible choice when I went through the list, although in hindsight, it makes perfect sense.
  • should I post elsewhere a request that the style try to comply with the suggestion that the author's name be in small caps (not ALLCAPS, though)?
  • here's fine - I'd have to check, though, whether there are differences between "Language" and the Unified Style Sheet
  • ah, right, that might be the case. Thanks!