Any CRTL key to go back automatically?

Hi. When I drag a pdf into a subfolder Zotero kicks me out to the root of my library. This means that I have to scroll down to the folder I was working on and click into the subfolder I was on. The procedure becomes annoying when I have to drag several pdfs into the same subfolder, and find myself doing a lot of unnecessary scrolling down and clicks. Any way to avoid the problem or some CTRL key to go back to subfolder I was working on?
Thanks.
  • could you describe what's happening with a bit more detail? I either can't replicate it or I don't understand it. It definitely sounds like something that shouldn't happen. (I assume that you know that you can select and drag multiple items at once)
  • Hi adam, thanks for replying. I thought I was detailed enough and yes I do know I can drag several pdf at once but in my case they come from different websites so it can not be done at once. More detail follows. In my library I have very many folders, for example: Anatase, Bismuth, Chlorine,..., TiO2,X-ray, Zebra. In each of these folders I have subfolders with whatever names. So, lets say I am in Zebra in subfolder Africa. I drag a pdf into Africa. Then Zotero automatically puts me in the root folder of my library, not in Zebra anymore. So I have to scroll down to Zebra, click in Africa and there is the pdf I just dragged in. I would like to avoid the fact that Zotero kicks me out of my working folder. In case you need more info I will be glad to help you help me. Thanks.
  • Ah, I understand now. Are you dragging the pdfs from the URL bar or from a folder in your file system? And Zotero Standalone or for Firefox?
  • Cool glad the examples worked.
    1.- From websites where there are icons PDF. Sometimes is not actual PDF icon but just the word PDF. If you were to click on these PDF signs that would make Adobe open with the document showing
    2.- Zotero 4.0.8 Firefox 20.0.1
  • I can't reproduce this. Can you, adamsmith?

Do you have any other extensions installed? If so, try disabling everything other than Zotero and see if it goes away.

Also, I don't think this will make a difference, but you should update your Firefox to 21.0
  • Hey aurimas. Everytime I think I have my Firefox updated then I blink and right there is already outdated. Thanks for your post, it tells me something isn't right on my side only.
  • can't replicate that either - I don't have the adobe plugin installed, though, it works fine with pdf.js (i.e. Firefox's own pdf reader)
  • Hi Adam. Please try this website which is where I drag from.
    http://apl.aip.org/
    then go to the first paper with title Local Structure Origins of the Sustained Curie temperature ... and drag on where it says PDF.
    Maybe this will reproduce the problem in your Zotero. Thanks.
  • OK, I can reproduce it on that site. I'll take a look and let you know what's happening.
  • Should be fixed for the next Zotero release.
  • Fantastic. Thanks!