Zotero overwriting notes?

Hi everyone,

My zotero has recently started overwriting notes. As in I'll go to move from one note to another within a book and for some reason the previous note will over-write the note before leaving me with two notes exactly the same. I can't seem to undo it so I end up losing notes I've written. Anyone got any idea whats going on??

thanks,

Claire.
  • It may be a display issue. Does the original note appear again after you restart Firefox (or Standalone if you are using Standalone)?
  • No, this has come up before, it's likely real - Dan has been trying to figure out what's going on. Try disabling auto-sync as a temporary stop-gap measure (in the sync pane of the preferences).
    Dan will likely have more questions later.
  • https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/28844/#Item_32

Claire, you should follow up there (including confirming that the notes are indeed overwritten after a restart of Zotero/Firefox).
  • Thanks very much everyone. I went through the original source again and strangely there were only 3/4 things missing which was weird as it looked like it was almost every forth/fifth record I hit that it did it. I did restart but it keep doing it - although it now appears its not actually overwritten/deleted anything it just looks like it has. Very strange!
  • If that makes any sense at all!!
  • edited May 13, 2013
    Could you provide a Report ID after this occurs (before restarting Zotero)?