Crime Prev. Comm. Saf. Palgrave : Incorrect author names

Importing the following article:

http://www.palgrave-journals.com/cpcs/journal/v12/n3/abs/cpcs20104a.html

results in an incorrect second author. In this case "Newburn, Tim". However the correct authors are included in the page header. I can provide other examples if needed. The metadata seems to come from DOI/CrossRef. However, perhaps it could instead come from the header metadata. The ris metadata is also correct.

As an aside, it would be nice to also get the article abstract. If I right click and select embedded metadata, instead of an abstract I get the journal aim / description. I know not to expect the abstract from CrossRef.

Thanks
  • obviously you can let CrossRef know - I'll see about a translator.
    You know that, in Firefox, you can choose the translator you use by right-clicking on the URL bar icon? In this case you could use the Embedded Metadata translator that way.
  • Alsa, the right-click metadata choice inserts the same journal description text into the abstract field for every article. Thus, to get the abstracts I must tack care to completely delete the journal description when pasting the abstract text into the field.

Thanks for your comments.
  • @adamsmith: You mean that Zotero fails because CrossRef does not return the correct info, or?

Thanks, I have forgotten about the feature to choose translator since I mostly use Chrome at the moment.
  • yes - I have a Palgrave translator on my list, but not sure how soon.
  • Ah, so you mean you fall back to DOI (CrossRef) when no one has had time to write a translator?

In this case I guess the metadata can be used (as you suggested ;-) ).
  • In the meantime, the best Palgrave metadata comes from (within the FF plugin) right clicking on the URL icon and choose embedded metadata. You will get something in the abstract field but it is not the article abstract. If you need the abstract you can copy it from the publication page and paste it replacing what the embedded metadata puts there. At first this seemed tedious but after a few times it can be done easily.
  • Thanks. I see now they forgot to put the abstract in the metadata, but there is an <div id="abs"> there.
  • We just added support for Palgrave journals. You can update your translators via Preferences... -> General -> Update Now or wait ~24 hours for them to update automatically.

Let us know if there are any further issues.