Style Error: [Metabolic Engineering]

Hi,
I just realized, that the Zotero output style does not meet the requirements from the journal (Metabolic Engineering).
The authors guide on the homepage of Metabolic Engineering states:

1. Single author: the author's name (without initials, unless there is ambiguity) and the year of publication;
2. Two authors: both authors' names and the year of publication;
3. Three or more authors: first author's name followed by 'et al.' and the year of publication.
Citations may be made directly (or parenthetically). Groups of references should be listed first alphabetically, then chronologically.
Examples: 'as demonstrated (Allan, 2000a, 2000b, 1999; Allan and Jones, 1999). Kramer et al. (2010) have recently shown ....'

The outputstyle in Zotero gives the right format for one or two authors, but lists the names of three authors instead of name1 et. al.
Furthermore, the full name of the journal and not the abbreviation is given in the bibliography.

Hope someone can help me and correct the wrong output style.

Best regards,
Nadine
  • Could you try "Elsevier Harvard (with titles)"? That should have come pre-installed with Zotero, otherwise download it from the repository. I believe that should be the correct style.
  • Hi,
    The citation within the text is fine now (with the Elsevier Havard (with titles) reprository). However, I still have the problem, that the journals are not abbreviated in the bibliography.
  • there's currently a bug preventing Zotero's new automatic abbreviations feature to work.
    Zotero 4.0.3 should be out by tomorrow, make sure you've updated and try then.
    You'll have to make sure that the journal abbreviations checkbox is checked under Set Document Preferences in the Word/LibreOffice plugin.
  • The abbreviations feature should also be working in the latest 4.0 Branch dev XPI, if you want to try it right away. (Just switch back to 4.0.3 when it comes out.)
  • 4.0.3 is now available.
  • Hi,
    I installed 4.0.3. Great, it is working now! Thanks for your help. :)
  • I've now corrected the Metabolic Engineering style on the repository
  • Great! thank you so much!