The local PDF files can't be imported into zotero

Error ID:537879125.
The question have been written in title.
  • edited April 3, 2013
    See below:

[unrelated errors removed — D.S.]

[JavaScript Error: "Failed importing file d:\Desktop\眼动\microsaccade_nature review.pdf" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/attachments.js" line: 110}]

[JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_INPUT: Component returned failure code: 0x8050000e (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_INPUT) [nsIConverterInputStream.readString]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/file.js" line: 142}]
  • I don't think we've seen this before. Does it make a difference if the file isn't in a directory with Chinese characters? Does it happen for all PDFs, or only some?
  • I'm getting the same error when I go to this site and try to import the PDF for the Federal Open Market Committee's Minutes.

http://federalreserve.gov/newsevents/press/monetary/20130410a.htm

When I right click on the PDF link and select,

Zotero->Save Link as Zotero Item

then I get the following error:

Error: Component returned failure code: 0x8050000e (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_INPUT) [nsIConverterInputStream.readString]
    Source file: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/file.js

This happens no matter how I try to import this pdf into Zotero.
  • I've submitted an error report with the ID 1919795543 if anyone is interested.
  • Works for me - both via save link as Zotero item and by opening it in Firefox (Using pdf.js) and "Create New Item from Current Page).
    Which OS and Zotero versions?
  • That's Firefox 17.0.5 on Linux with Zotero 4.0.4.

fredbacon, are you able to upgrade to Firefox 20? It's possible that will fix it, since we can't reproduce this.
  • My question is happened with Firefox 20.and only one file have this problem. I have tested in a directory without Chinese characters.But it also happen with a same error
  • wangbenchi: If it consistently happens with one and only one file, and the PDF isn't private, could you email the PDF to us at support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • Ok,I send you now
  • I don't think we actually received your file.
  • I just sent to this email address-"do-not-reply@zotero.org". Oh,sorry, I send you again at support@zotero.org.
  • Sorry for taking so long to respond, but a power outage at my house seems to have killed my router. I didn't have internet service last night.

I downloaded a copy of Firefox 20, and I was able to import the pdf file without a problem. Drats! I generally prefer to stick with the redhat distributed ESR version of firefox. It just makes my life simpler.

Thanks for your help.