Journal of Zoology - PhD Thesis

The current style template for Journal of Zoology doesn't seem to treat PhD theses correctly. The correct style (example copied from the Journal's author guidelines) should be:

Lemelin, P. (1996b). The evolution of manual prehensility in primates: a comparative study of prosimians and didelphid marsupials. PhD thesis, State University of New York at Stony Brook.

but I get

Lemelin, P. (1996b). The evolution of manual prehensility in primates: a comparative study of prosimians and didelphid marsupials (PhD thesis).

This is probably fairly simple, but any idea how to edit the style so that it uses the correct format? And is there anyone I can contact to get the published version corrected?

Thanks
  • The style is now fixed. The updated version will appear on the repository within 30mins (check the timestamp). Update your copy of the style by re-installing it from the repository. (See here if you need instructions for installing styles in standalone.)
    Any further problems please let us know.
  • Thanks for the fast reply, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've installed the updated version, but now it just says:

Lemelin, P. (1996). The evolution of manual prehensility in primates: a comparative study of prosimians and didelphid marsupials.

it still doesn't give the university, and it no longer says it's a PhD thesis. I've also noticed that it doesn't italicize the title, which it should (I realised that I had manually italicized the title in the document I was looking at, which is why I'd italicized it in my original example. Sorry...).

In case it helps, the fields I'm using are:

Item Type - Thesis
    Title - The evolution of manual prehensility in primates: a comparative study of prosimians and didelphid marsupials
    Author - Lemelin, P.
    Date - 1996
    Type - PhD Thesis
    University - State University of New York at Stony Brook
  • sorry, try again - same instructions as above (this should have been italicized all along, though).
  • That's looking great now, thanks!