the magically vanished delimiter

Hi,
trying to create name entries of the following format:

Miller, J.; Smith, P.; Johnson, M.; and Seymour, D.

by using name-as-sort-order="all" to generate the name-form, and="text" to generate the last "and", and delimiter-precedes-last="always" to generate *all* delimiters only gives

Miller, J.; Smith, P.; Johnson, M. and Seymour, D.

so the last semicolon is eaten up for some reason.

However, the CSL spec seems to allow and="text" and delimiter-precedes-last="always" together, and without name-as-sort-order="all" the last semicolon is not eaten up. Is this a CSL spec problem or are we doing something wrong here? Any hints mucho appreciated.
  • You're not doing anything wrong, this is a processor bug. We control for duplicate punctuation generated by styles, but a little too aggressively it seems. I have set an exception in the processor to fix this. You can give it a try by installing the processor patch plugin.
  • Thanks a lot for the quick fix, Frank. It's working nicely.

Since I haven't found information on release cycles: will this be part of the official zotero in the near future?
  • Zotero generally picks up the most recent version of citeproc-js when there is a release. It depends on when the next release is made, but the wait won't be longer than a month or so I would think.
  • Ok, I see: it's ready, when it's ready(tm)

Thanks again for the fix and for your information.
  • yes, Frank's processor gets periodically merged into Zotero. This will make it into the next Zotero release, though I'm not sure when that's going to be - Zotero's team is too small for a regular release cycle.
    The next 100% certain date is the April release of Zotero 3.1, but I think it's quite likely that there will be a 3.0.15 release before that.