New Bug in Beta3 - deleted items not removed automatically

Hello,

it seems that a new bug has been introduced in beta3: when I delete an item, it does not disappear - you have to click on a different collection, then back, and it's gone. It seems that the middle panel
is not updated automatically after a delete action.

Also new in beta3 (but maybe this is a feature?): when I create a new entry in a collection, it jumps up too the "my library" view in the middle pane - you don't stay in the collection, albeit the entry then being created there; so also some kind of update feature/bug of the middle pane.

Regards,
Peter
  • Do these happen immediately after a restart of Firefox? Needless to say, we're not experiencing the same problems, so my guess is that an error occurred from a previous action that is causing those things to happen. Restarting should fix the problem.

If you are able to reproduce the bugs, please follow the steps in the Advanced Instructions section of the Reporting Bugs page and let us know what errors appear in the console.

Thanks.
  • These errors happen all the time. Restarting does not help. Strangely enough, nothing get's output to the error console (everything is set up correctly and javascript error logging is activated - other errors are visible - but in connection with deleting, no error whatsoever is reported). I did not uninstall the old Zotero before installing beta3 - could this have caused a muddle?
  • edited January 11, 2007
    Hmm. How about javascript.options.strict? Is that on as well? Any strict warnings?

Uninstalling shouldn't be necessary.

Also, what OS is this?
  • Hello Dan,

I tried it again with javscript.options.strict = true, same result:
    no errors logged to the console when performing the respective zotero actions.

I've got Windows XP SP2, all relevant updates, and Firefox 2.0.0.1
    I've got around 17 Extensions installed (all from addons.mozilla.org, nothing weird) - but maybe some kind of conflict there? of course, it would have to throw an exception if there were a conflict, so I suspect something different. Something in the view update of the middle window pane.

Regards,
    Peter
  • OK, I was able to reproduce both of these problems — they're related to the same issue and occur only when the tag selector is closed.

I've fixed both problems in the codebase. In the interim, the best workaround is to keep the tag selector open.

Thanks for the bug report.
  • Yes, I had the tag selector closed. Thanks for the tip (interim workaround), will open the tag selector (which is cool feature anyway, I just had it closed because I use the big font sizes 1.5em)

Thanks again,
    Peter
This discussion has been closed.